Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Do You Love YOUR Mamma?

I don't know where this came from, but Sam's latest thing that he says to Will is, "Awww, you love your momma?! That's so cu-ute!" said in a baby talk voice. Believe it or not, his intention is to use me as a putdown - ME! I know! I was just as shocked and appalled as all of you. This jab, coming from my Sam: my most demonstrative and affectionate child - who is always ready with multiple hugs and kisses and spontaneous "I love you's." Will, who is a little more reserved with his affections, can't stand the teasing, which is exactly why Sam does it I suppose. It's like his masculinity, what there is of it at age 8, is being questioned.

No one cares how all of this makes me feel.

So, since Sam is still just as demonstrative as always, when he comes to me for lovings, now I say to him, "Awww, you love your momma?! That's so cu-ute!!" and Sam just laughs, it doesn't deter him one bit, plus it makes Will happy.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I care how it makes you feel!
The memory of it - something very similar - many years ago - maybe not those words, but the same goal in mind - that same feeling you're talking about came back to me in a flash!!! I guess what goes around comes around.

Laura said...

Oh, they're just a couple of mama's boys.

emily said...

I don't know 'bout you, yo, but I sure love my momma!