Wednesday, February 20, 2008

We Survived

Yay! Will is back to school! Whew! Those kids were starting to drive me nuts after 5 days of no school. Friday was a conference day, Monday was President's Day, Tuesday was a snow day, and today we had a two hour delay. But we made it! I am, however, dreading Spring Break and summer vacation. How will I ever survive the bickering, the whining, the obnoxious TV shows, the "I'm bored's" - and that's just me?!

Lucy kindly offered use of her services to give you all a little perspective on how much snow we've got at our house. Yes, the snow is taller than she is:

Damon routinely has to dig out the mailbox. He's been known to have to get on his knees and kneel on the snow pile to get the mail out.


Here's our street - still VERY icy. I don't know what it is about our patch of street - further down it's much smoother. But right here it's extremely bumpy with ridges of ice. You feel as if you or your car are going into convulsions. It's fun the first 20 times, but after that it gets old. Must be something about the wind or the drainage in our little "valley."

The snow fort, with the new and improved secret back entrance.

Sam wants to know when he can ride his bike. Not for awhile buddy, not for awhile.

3 comments:

kristin said...

I don't think it would be so awful if it weren't so COLD! When does it stop???? At least I hear the moon's supposed to do something cool tonight. (like we can go outside to see it though..hmmm.) never mind!
Glad school's back in with ya!

Laura said...

I concede!! You definitely have more snow than us! Whoa, Nelly.

emily said...

ugh. I think now would be a good time for y'all to come and visit.