Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Doctor Loves Us

I had two kids at the doctor's office (our home away from home) today: Will and Max. Lucky for me, we got them both in at the same time. Max had his 6 month well visit - and all is "well!" His height: 27 1/4 inches. (75th percentile) Weight: 18.3 pounds (70th percentile) and head circumference: 17 3/4 inches (85th percentile). His doctor says he's "very well proportioned." He did not get that from me. There's no sign of his earlier ear infections. So now there's concrete proof that there is no excuse for this not sleeping at night business. He got 3 shots - it was so sad. He gets all red and blotchy - it's very upsetting. Both the other boys sat with their ears covered for that part. They tried to leave the room, but I wouldn't let them.

Will was along because he hadn't been feeling well since last night - sore throat, stomach ache, headache, all the classic symptoms of yep, you guessed it, strep throat - our first experience with that particular virus, with any of the boys. He did great with that awful swab test. He loves taking his antibiotic - the weirdo. Hopefully he won't be passing the fun along to anyone else. If he's feeling up for it, he can go back to school tomorrow. It would be a bummer to miss out on the Valentine party.

Damon is on a whirlwind trip to Toronto. He left out of CR around 1pm today for a meeting first thing in the morning, then flies back home in the afternoon. He'll hopefully be home by bedtime, maybe even in time to pick up the boys from AWANAs. He's got a cold, so hopefully flying didn't bother his sinuses too much. We're glad he's only gone one night, but he sure will be tired when he gets back.

Everyone's in bed here and I'm headed that way myself.

3 comments:

emily said...

That makes me very sad about the shots, I'm picturing him with a very sad blotchy face and it makes me sad! I can imagine the boys covering their ears!! Great!!

Anonymous said...

Off to a good start, sounds like Max needs to chill at night. Sorry to hear about Wills Ill. I hope the meds take affect soon.
scott

Laura said...

Poor boys. I'm glad he got to go back to school. Strep stinks.Did you replace his toothbrush?!?!?