Friday, February 29, 2008

Good News/ Proud Mamma

I just received what I thought was the dreaded principal phone call. The kind of phone call that makes your stomach drop the second you realize who you're talking to. But Mr. Bacon called just to say how much he enjoys having Will at Lemme! He said he's made it his personal goal to call 5 parents every day with good news! He said that Will is a great kid and every time he sees him he's always being kind to other kids.

After getting off the phone I told Will that I'd just talked to Mr. Bacon. His eyes got big. I told him what his principal had said and told him to come over and get a hug. He asked me if it was going to be quick, (he was on his way out the door to play outside.) I gave him a big hug and kiss and told him how proud I am of him. He said, "I'm so glad that I have two parents who have a kid who does good in school." I thought I almost heard a compliment in there about my superb parenting skills, but no, it turned out to be more about the kid!

1 comments:

Connie said...

Just maybe you and Damon are doing something right!!! (no maybe about it)