Sunday, February 17, 2008

Showin' a Little Kindness

Kindness is the theme for this month's Sunday school at church. Will came home last week with instructions to take pictures of himself showing kindness and bring them next time. So I took a picture of him helping me carry in the groceries: There are several things remarkable about this grocery picture:
1. He had just been diagnosed with strep throat
2. I did not ASK him to help me, it was his idea
3. He made several trips up and down the stairs to bring up 2 or 3 bags.

This next picture was taken at lunch the same day. I asked Will what he wanted to drink in his Scooby Doo cup (I assumed I would give him the 'fun' cup.) He decided to let Sam choose which cup he wanted first. Of course Sam chose the 'fun' cup, which didn't bother Will at all.


One day Will wrote Sam a nice little note on the fridge. It says, "Sam is cool! Sam is neat! Sam is nice!" It got left there all week because Sam liked it so much. He came up to me several times throughout the week asking me to read it to him, just because it made him feel good!

This last one was a real hardship for Will: playing video games with his brother, when he "didn't even really want to." I didn't know that a time like that ever existed, but I guess it does.
Way to go Will, on demonstrating Kindness this week! And as he was quick to point out, these were just the times that were captured on camera - there were many more kind acts performed this week that were not documented.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Oh, my goodness, your boys are awesome. I love them so much.

Shelly said...

I am very impressed Will! Good job!

emily said...

How is the kindness going? Still being kind?!