Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sam and Max's First Fight

Yep, you read it right - their first fight - not a fist fight, thank goodness, but a fight (although totally one-sided) all the same.

Sam was pushing a small toy car and having it run into Max's exersaucer, causing Max to laugh - a small laugh. Somehow Sam fell over and hit the door frame, banging his head, and he yelled "OW!!!" Which caused Max to let out a BIG laugh. Sam yelled, "It's not funny!" Which caused more BIG belly laughs from Max. Several times Sam yelled "It's not funny!" each time getting madder and madder and getting more and more huge laughter from his baby brother. Finally Sam yelled "I hate you Max! For real!" and stomped off.

So I had to do something I've never had to do before - act as mediator between my 4 year old and 6 month old. I explained to Sam that Max didn't understand- he wasn't laughing at his pain, that he just liked the sound of his yelling. I had to make Sam apologize to Max for his hurtful words, and I'm pretty sure that Max forgives him.

3 comments:

Connie said...

That made me do a BIG laugh, too! Oh, man, those guys are something. I love them so much!

Laura said...

Oh, boy.

Shelly said...

Hmmm... those certainly are fightin' words. Good thing you were around to step in. :)