Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Baby's Room


Will and Sam got into the action over the weekend, by helping Damon paint the baby's room. Will helped by painting a wall - just at eye level. Sam helped out by taking his clothes off like his brother, and running around. Will was bopping around, dancing to the music while he painted, so I had to get the camera out. It's important to have good painting music!

I'm most happy to say that as of yesterday, the painting is complete!!! Damon finished the walls over the weekend and then yesterday I enlisted the help of my mom to draw and paint big polka dots on one wall, to match the crib bedding. We were doing great, almost finished in 2 1/2 hours, when the unthinkable happened: my mom spilled almost an entire quart of light green paint on the carpet! Oh, it was so bad for awhile there! It was one of those situations where panic sets in, and instead of being helpful I just react and make mistakes, (like spilling a full bucket of - luckily clean - water all over my kitchen floor) and end up not knowing what to do with myself! After another good 2 1/2 hours of just clean up, the floor finally looked back to normal. We wondered if it was ever going to get there. Thank goodness for the steam carpet cleaner that I'd just gotten Damon for his birthday! Then it was back to finishing up the polka dots. We finally finished at dinner time! That night my mom called, I think just to guage Damon's reaction and apologize (again!) Of course he had to give her a hard time. He told me, "Boy, I'm glad it was her and not me." (Basically because he's aware of his wife's wrath.) Nice. He knew I wouldn't have been so nice to him! So I got up onto my high horse and said, "Huh...well I guess that's the difference between you and me. I told my mom that I wished that I had spilled the paint, just so she wouldn't have to feel bad." I secretly totally know what he means, though. I can see why he'd say that!

I will post finished pictures of the room once I get the baby bedding all together.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

This is great! Love the video! I can't wait to see the final product ;)

One time on a job I sat the 5 gal paint bucket that I was rolling out of too close to where Matt was coming of the ladder and yup, he stepped on the side of the bucket and the paint spilled on the floor, not on the drops mind you but on the carpet! It took us about 2 1/2 hours to clean it with 'stuff' but we got it and no one was the wiser! Taught me a good lesson about how close to roll behind the cutter.

One time Doug dubbed my reactions, "the wrath of Kath" ouch. Praise God for His life changing power!

Bless you!

Shelly said...

William is going to be the best big brother EVER!!!! :) Love you guys! I can't wait to see the room, but more importantly the new baby!!

Anonymous said...

Does he get his pant wearing techniques from Damon? Above the belly button, just shy of the arm pits?

emily said...

I see the pants are still high!! LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the baby's room! By the way, that is not the typical accent wall (which I hate). Putting the color of the other walls into the accent wall pulls it all together. It looks awesome. I love the boys'room too. Once again, great job!(but what else would I expect from a gifted artist and her family)