Monday, July 16, 2007

Don't Over React (Mom) Part 2

This morning at Will's swimming lesson Sam and I were sitting in the lobby chairs, watching Will through the windows and Sam was doing one of the things he likes to do all the time: kiss my tummy - over and over and OVER again, until I just about can't stand it anymore, and have to tell him to stop. A lady came up to us and said to him, "Do you know what's in there?" (It's pretty obvious!)

Sam: It's a baby.

Lady: Do you know if it's a boy baby or a girl baby?

Sam: I think it's a sister.

Me: He's been saying that all along, and he's pretty insistent upon it. But from our ultrasounds they've been guessing that it's a boy, although they haven't gotten 100% clear shots.

Lady: My daughter prayed to Jesus every night, "Jesus, please bring me a sister." And He did.

Me: It could happen! But I really think it's going to be a boy, so I hope Sam isn't too disappointed.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

TRUE STORY: Some of our friends were expecting Boy #3. Boy #2 (who was 3yrs at the time) would kiss the mommy's tummy just like Sam, he loved the baby before it was born.

The only problem was he kept calling the baby "Hunter". Even though they had a different name picked out.

They ended up naming the baby Hunter because Boy #2 loved "Hunter" so much & they had gotten so used to hearing Boy #3 called this already. FUNNY!

Connie said...

SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM!!!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

Mom, you obviously did not read my title.

Connie said...

Sure I read your title. I remained in control the whole time I was screaming. Just ask Don.

Anonymous said...

I just hope Sam doesn't end up mad at God. That lady basically said that if he asked God for a sister it would happen!

But then again, maybe Sam knows something we dont' know. :)