Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Does This Look like a Good Idea?!

I came outside yesterday to find this going on:


I don't know how they managed to get the small slide up to the top of the platform. My first reaction was "No way - It needs to come down, NOW." (I thought that they were riding the small slide down the big slide.) I was convinced that "Mom, it's OK, just watch." So I put aside my better judgement and waited for someone to get hurt. No one did. Damon came home and took over watching the kids outside, and the next day I discovered he had anchored the top slide to the fort with man's (or at least my husband's) best friend: the bungee cord, so he evidently put aside his better judgement as well!

Trouble! Sam, with neighbor Samantha. I kept waiting for her parents to appear in our yard and say, "What are you letting them do?!" Then I would have had some 'splainin' to do.There were some other strange additions as well, like this swimming noodle, used to hold a tennis racket. There was also a strategically placed, heavy, good-sized log balanced perpendicular on the beam up above the swing set. Eventually whoever (who was the target anyway?) swung on that swing would have been knocked out cold, so that had to come down immediately. I don't think that anything that devious was being hatched, my kids just don't think things like that through.

3 comments:

Laura said...

What will they think of next?!?!?

THE BROWN BOYS said...

scary thought, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

wow, tons of creative energy there! That slide looks totally cool. A good fort can keep a guy busy for hours!