Monday, August 13, 2007

Adventureland

On Friday Damon and Uncle Joe took Will, Sam, and cousins Jack and Noah to Adventureland for the day. Grandpa Don had won 5 tickets to the park at his work's Kinze Family Fun Day and passed them along for the kids to enjoy. A great time was had by all, despite the heat! They left around 9:30, and got home at 11pm! They were all very adventurous and tried almost everything they were big enough to try! My kids favorites seemed to be the Underground, and the water rides. I was so surprised that even Sam was so brave! I'd say "Oh, that sounds so scary!" and he'd reply, "Mo-om, I'm brave! You just hold on!" Every day since Sam has spent hours pouring over the cartoon map of the park, pointing out all the things he has done. He takes it places with him, and it's now looking pretty raggedy. Everytime they see Grandpa Don, they say, "thanks for the tickets!" While they were gone us girls took advantage of the day to do lunch and some shopping. Miss Lily just sat so nicely with us and is the perfect little lady to take places - unlike the rowdy boys I'm used to!










(Poor Sam - his face was all swollen that day from 2 big mosquito bites around his eyes. He looked all beat up.)

3 comments:

Shelly said...

So MUCH fun!! I'm glad everyone had a good day & came home safe.
Will, Every picture with you in it shows me your missing tooth! You are growing up so fast!
Sam, your red cheeks definitely tells me how hot the day was!
Damon... I hardly recognized you... your Simpson picture is the last item I saw of you... ;)

emily said...

way to go, Damon, on taking pictures!!! Looks like FUN!!! The girls day sounds fun too!! I KNEW you all were doing something together!!!HaHa!!

Laura said...

Did you coerce him into taking all these pictures? Your hand must be in this somehow!!!