Friday, August 03, 2007

The Clubhouse Clubhouse

Will and Sam are having fun today with the clubhouse they created. It's called The Clubhouse Clubhouse, (don't ask me why.) First off, we had to have a ribbon-cutting ceremony. (notice the scotch tape/"ribbon" across the door.) Sam and I were the audience, which is why Will is acting like he doesn't know who Sam is. "hey you over there, come up here."


Then we had to make a commercial/announcement about the clubhouse:



These boys crack me up!!! It makes me laugh that Sam is inside The Clubhouse Clubhouse answering Will's theoretical questions and then the look on Will's face when Sam actually answers, "I'm already in there!" like he's disgusted with Sam, he kind of closes his eyes and his shoulders go down, but he keeps on talking.

Lastly Will leads you on a virtual tour of the inside of The Clubhouse Clubhouse. (Hope it doesn't make anyone seasick!)



Let me clarify: the Rest Room is where you rest. It is not to be confused with a restroom.
After viewing his video tour Will had this to say: "I am so good at this!" There's no lack of confidence there, whatsoever. I told him maybe he'll end up on TV one day, doing the news.

On an unrelated note, Will had his school friend Jack over this morning, and I overheard him telling Jack, "Pregnant people are so easy to trick. Watch this..." Then, whisper, whisper, whisper. Then they came up to me and asked if they could play Game Cube, knowing that Will had already played by himself earlier this morning. So I had to make a big deal of saying, "Are you guys trying to trick me? I'm on to you! I'm smarter than I look." Then of course I gave in and let them play 20 minutes of Shrek 2. Unfortunately this is not the first time I've heard that "pregant people are so easy to fool" line. It all started the other day when Will was touching my stomach, waiting for the baby to move, and instead of the usual question from Mom, "Did you feel that?", Will decided to go with the preemptive move by posing the question repeatedly himself: "Mom! Did you feel that?" So even though I hadn't "felt that," I kept saying yes, because I didn't want to discourage him. Usually he doesn't stick around or hold still long enough to feel anything. After about the 5th or 6th time he asked me, he laughed to himself, and said, "pregnant people are so easy to trick!" and walked away! So now evidently he thinks that incident is proof and can be transferred to other situations. STINKER!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. They are HILARIOUS. They are quite the duo. My boys thoroughly enjoyed the videos, though they want to see the video with the decorations added!! I love "SA-AM you're messing up my video tour!" My favorite part was Sam answering from inside the tent. That got Jack giggling.

Connie said...

I want to visit the Clubhouse clubhouse! Or is it just for kids? About the pregnant people being easy to fool - that is just so funny. I think the guy has his parents' brains and humor for sure! And Sam just acts older since the beginning of summer - must be getting close to preschool time! They are so CUTE!!!!!

emily said...

oh...my...gosh!!! HILARIOUS!!!! Man...I need them.
Can I visit the clubhouse clubhouse when I come home to visit?!? Laura's favorite parts were my favorite parts too! precious!! I also like Will's commercial..."Are you tired of..." that was classic!!!