Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Sugar Lips

Max made it through his 24 hours of jaundice treatment with flying colors! By 8am this morning he was done with his bililight treatment and his circumcision and ready to nurse and go home! He literally had sugar lips. Is this where you got the phrase from, Emily? (They coat his pacifier with sugar because it releases endorphins in his brain and decreases the amount of pain he feels.) Not only did he have sugar on lips, but his hair, in the creases of his neck, and all over the sheet underneath him. Even though he was ready to eat, I couldn't resist taking a few shots.
Sam helped us get ready to go home by keeping an eye on Max and carrying the balloons to the car.
The classic big brother/little brother pose (Sam's version is the 'asleep' version): I say that the big brother/little brother pose is classic because we have a similar picture of Will and Sam when Sam was born. I tried to find it but couldn't. Too tired tonight.


Max in his 'going home' outfit (I'm not sure how to dress him when it's so stinkin' hot and humid outside, but cool in the air conditioning):
Going home:


Welcoming little brother home: Will holding Max and singing to him:
Here's the only picture I could find quickly of Will and Sam. Sam is 3 days old, and he reminds me of the picture of Max where he is looking "drunk" (see previous post.)

We've had a good day today. We were fed a nice meal tonight - thanks mom and Don!
It's good to be home.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so happy you are home getting settled in.

The pictures are so precious. Take is as easy as you need to Mommy, enjoy the wonderous gifts our Father has given you.

Blessings!

emily said...

Sugar Lips!!!! yesss!!! I forgot that I said that....what did I say that about!? I can't even remember?! He is SOOO cute!!! I love the video of Will singing to him. That was so sweet!! Those pics of Will and Sam are precious! Will's smile!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Connie said...

I'm singing my "Baby Love" song in my head and it's going something like this: Baby Love, my Baby Love, My Baby Love , he's got sugar lips. . .

kristin said...

He's beautiful...congratulations!! doesn't it feel GOOOD to not be pregnant anymore????

Anonymous said...

I just want to kiss those baby lips! They look very sweet..literally. I don't think he's overdressed since he will now need to get acclimated to the "Arctic temperature zone, you call a home". Bundle him up! He might need a hat and mittens too:)