Thursday, August 16, 2007

New Sewn Stuff

Thanks again to my lovely mother, I've got more new stuff sewn up for me! We picked out fabric together and I footed the bill, so I did do SOMETHING, but all the handiwork is hers! First she made me a skirt to go around the baby's changing table. I wanted to get the same polka dot fabric that we used in the bedding and valance, but it was all gone! So we bravely introduced yet another new pattern, that goes really nicely! She made a drawstring at the top to create gathers, and we just tacked it into the wood with thumbtacks. Now all the junk we store underneath: diapers, wipes, blankets, etc doesn't look so junky! The print of the sleeping baby was a picture that my dad had in his room when he was a baby. It's hung in all of our boy's baby rooms. The other thing she did for me were window valances for our bedroom. The comforter is red, the walls yellow, so we ended up with a red fabric that has a subtle yellow pattern in it. Since there are lots of green accents in the room, we picked out a green satiny upholstery fabric with yet another pattern to it, (we don't do anything boring around here,) to border with, and green beads for trim.
It turned out so great! Here you can see the green accents:pillows and drawers in the nightstands. Also, notice our new bed frame?! We love it even though I now have to roll myself in and out of bed, and stand on tiptoe to get in! (I'm used to it now!)Here are our 2 new IKEA dressers (putting them side by side makes it all look like one unit, but really there are 2) and the wardrobe. We have so much more room for clothes storage now, and it all looks so nice. The way we rearranged the furniture actually makes the room feel bigger, even though we have one more dresser than we did before. Now I just have to figure our some artwork for the walls...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill I am so glad that picture is alive and well and so cherished. I remember that picture hanging in my mom and dads room when I was a child. I am so excited your little one will be here soon. I will keep watching your blogs waiting patiently.
Love aunt Teresa

Anonymous said...

Oh, Teresa, that makes me cry!

Connie said...

me, too!

emily said...

me too!!! I can't wait for this baby...keep crossing your legs sista!! the room looks great! Can't wait to see it in real life!

Shelly said...

How exciting that this time is so close!! The creativity in your family is amazing. I miss you & wish we could be there for this birth. :(
Please know that we pray for this miracle and are anxious for your miserable-ness to be done soon. :) Love to all!

Anonymous said...

Your room looks great! I am way jealous....I have been laying in bed in my tan room and imagining ways to make it better (almost anything would help!)

Navigating that tall bed will have to be easier without the baby on board! Another thing to look forward to. :)