Monday, August 06, 2007

The Awkward Stage

Actually, I'm not sure I ever came out of the awkward stage. These are all the pictures I'm willing to share. The rest are too hideous.

I'm reading Super Fudge, and I have a really bad perm. Musical talent abounded, even back then. A clarinet and a recorder: the perfect duet, especially when you have a little sister to hold your music.
This 80's bedroom below from Broadway St. cracks me up! You HAVE to enlarge it. Let's play 80's Eye Spy! Can you find: Laura's cupcake pillow that matched my ice cream cone pillow, Laura's pound puppy, my poster of Joey McIntyre of New Kids on the Block, Laura's poster of Donny Wahlberg also of NKOTB, a stone washed jean purse, 2 framed 'Teen magazine covers with the added fake headlines of "Good News! Jill turns Teen!" and "Good News! Laura turns Teen!" Also of special note are the walls-turquoise, yellow, and hot pink! And the fact that we set up a divider out of dressers and mom's craft racks so that we wouldn't have to look at each other! Later on we would remove the barrier, but decided to re-paint using orange, hot pink and white, with spray-painted orange and pink flowers!
I really did wear my NKOTB shirt, with the sleeves rolled up, of course. I think I'm in 8th grade:
My first pair of glasses, 9th grade, and boy were they doozies! What was I thinking?!


4 comments:

emily said...

AWESOME!!! These are great! Although,even clicking on the bedroom picture didn't make it large enough to check out everything...BUT...could it be there is a bottle of White Rain hairspray in the bottom left corner!!?!?!

Connie said...

Those Teen magazine covers were one of the best gift ideas I ever had if I don't say so myself! Although you girls must have liked those pillows - they are getting lots of attention these days!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok Its one thing to drag everyone down YOUR memory lane but I am in half of these pictures and I don't recall giving written consent to show embarassing pictures of myself! (Oh, I'm just kidding.. I can laugh at myself...really.)
And yes, I am QUITE SURE that is white rain you see. $O.98, baby.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! Back to the 80's baby! Your first glasses and the "primary colored sweaters" pic are totally excellent!

Very cool post!