Monday, September 24, 2007

All About Will

We had Lemme's Open House night last week and got to see some of Will's work and look around his classroom. One of the highlights was getting to real his All About Me book.


The first page says, "When I wake up in the morning I get ready for school." These pictures are so detailed. Click on them if you can to get a better look and you'll notice that the first picture is of Will in the bathroom (orange walls and the three bulb light fixture) with his toothbrush. The second picture is him sitting in our kitchen eating breakfast (the checked chair rail should have given that away). He even drew the chandelier and an outlet on the wall behind him. The third picture is in his bedroom (the wavy stripe) getting dressed. And the fourth picture is him getting his backpack off of the stair railing.
"When I put my clothes on I like to wear my comfy clothes." Mom, this one will make you proud. He calls this one and only outfit his "comfy clothes." It consists of black sweatpants and a gray sweatshirt that my mom painted a space ship on. He's been known to put these clothes on in the dead heat of summer on days when we're just hanging out at home.
"When I look out my window I see birds and trees." (His teacher thought he'd written 'deer' because he made his 'b' backwards. This tree is full of nests with eggs and blue birds. Can you believe the detail?!
" My house is white." There's our tree swing!
"I like to play my video games." This is most surely Lego Star Wars on the screen, although I can't say for certain. "I live with my brothers, my parents, and my dog." We are all nicely labeled and wearing our favorite colors. Max is in his crib.

"My favorite toy is my Larry Mobile." (from Veggie Tales). I didn't know that this was his favorite toy. It looks exactly like it, and this was drawn at school from memory. Larry Boy is inside.

"My favorite food is macaroni and cheese.""I like to go to my cousins' house." Will and Jack are playing swords, Noah is on the right. Miss Lily with her pigtails and diaper is on the left.
"My special friend is Tyler." Which is an interesting choice, since in the past Tyler has been known as the class bully. I should probably find out more about why he wrote this. They're sharing something, not sure what it is."My favorite animal is a sea horse." Isn't this the cutest little sea horse you've ever seen?! I think we've also got a puffer fish, a couple of clown fish and of course, a sword fish."When it is time for bed I have my bedtime snack. " Once again he has drawn an outlet on the wall.
Did you learn anything new about Will today?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The seahorse is PRECIOUS! I love the mac-n-cheese too. And of course the cousins pictures is great! Noah wanted to know why he didn't have a sword, though!!! Lily with her pigtail is so sweet! Good job, Will, you are definitely a great artist!

emily said...

LOVE IT!!! He is such a good drawer! I love them all! I think my favorite was the mac-n-cheese.
I did not know that his favorite animal was the seahorse! That is classic!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...we may have another artist in the family!! My favorites are...the Tree picture and the picture of the Fish! That puffer fish was awesome! I think that tree pic should be framed and hung up! It's so cool!

Connie said...

Will, you definitely have talent. I love it all. You have an eye for detail and I can tell you are a deep thinker. I love you!

William Flinn said...

I was curious because I used to work at Lemme. I was the assistant director with the BASP program for a few years and was an associate for a year with Mr. Williams. I'm friends with most of the staff and I was so excited to see a Lemme t-shirt!

Mrs. Spicknall's and Mrs. Hynes' class were pen-pals with my class in Egypt last year.

small world....