Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Proud Mama

Since I already bragged on one boy today, it's only fitting that I brag on another one. After school today we went in to the school library to pick out some books to buy at the Scholastic Book Fair. A woman came up to me and introduced herself as the new art teacher. She went on and on about what a great kid Will is, how he's so thoughtful (she used that word several times) and what a good kid he is to have in her class. She made her points so often that I knew she was genuinely impressed with Will, not just saying something that she tells everybody. I was so proud! This is a long cry from the Will who last year in art had to sit at the one desk over against the wall, away from all the other rows of desks because he couldn't keep his hands to himself, so was relagated to the "corner!" He says he likes art alot better this year than last year and always gets to sit with the other kids - in groups of 4 or 6. Don't know if this is a difference in teaching styles, or a growth in maturity on Will's part - maybe a combination? Anyway, you're lookin' at one proud Mama tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one proud Mama to another...I hear ya! Zach had many-a-sit in the corner expiriences...he's what we called "high-energy"! But he has so settled into an incredible young man who loves the Lord and is maturing everyday.
Ok, Ok, I'll stop now. :)

I am so proud of you Will!!
Good Job!

emily said...

awww!! Way to go Will!