Monday, September 17, 2007

A Fun Weekend

We are recovering today from a busy, fun-filled weekend. Friday night was Lemme School's annual carnival. This year's carnival drew a big crowd. In addition to the classic favorites: (duck pond, lollipop tree, fishing - by throwing your "line" over the hung sheet where a person puts your prize on your "hook", inflatable jumpy castle) where everyone gets a prize, regardless, there were also a few new things to do including a dunk tank. It was a pretty cold evening, so you had to give the brave teachers (PE, guidance counselor, and of course, Principal Bacon) a lot of credit for braving the elements. Will's good friend Jack's Dad also joined the line-up, and Will got to dunk him! Here are some pics:

Will won these funny glasses:





waiting in line with friends for the jumpy castle:Dunking Jack's Dad:Then on Saturday, our church celebrated its 75th anniversary with a Family Reunion. There was a BBQ, music, more jumpy castles and dunktanks, sand volleyball, and lots of other fun things.



Noah and Sam on the playground: Sam says 'we're kissing because I love him.'

Lily "helping" with Max:Damon, Joe and Jack were the "bouncers" (get it?!) for the bouncy castle - timing the turns and making sure only a certain amount of kids were let in at one time:Will, a second before dunking Pastor Scott - our worship and the arts pastor - what a good sport!Volleyball - Sam was more interested in playing in the sand:On Sunday, my Grandpa and Grandma Quint celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. We gathered at a small park near their house here in IC, for lunch, cake, and a family get-together. I made them a shadow box thing with their wedding date and picture in it.

The whole family in order from youngest to oldest. Mary, Cindy, Mike, my mom Connie, and Gary. (it seems like it's been a long time since they've all been together in one place!)The "kids:"Max pretty much just slept through the whole thing:My uncle Gary and aunt Melinda came with my ya-ya cousins and their girls. (The husbands and boys stayed in Charles City for a football game.) It was a fun time - getting caught up, lots of laughing. The kids wore themselves out playing and Sam fell asleep on the 5 minute drive home. Good times!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. That picture of Noah and Sam is hilarious. I'm not sure what Noah's going to say when he sees that. I think he will definitely feel like a "blogger victim"!

Anonymous said...

Sunday was a fun day. It was so good to see everybody. We always find something to laugh about...
unfortunately this time it was my bad hair and even worse outfit that took the cake! Laura's hair was a close second though!
UGH!!! Why didn't anyone say anything?

Shelly said...

What a busy weekend! Looks like the weather was really nice.
Will, those glasses are groovy!
It looks like Joe was doing a good job of 'bouncing'. His body language says "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT". poor kids. haha He was probably waiting to get his own turn, right?

Shelly said...

The pictures of your g'ma & g'pa with their children are priceless. I love the way your g'ma & g'pa are holding hands. I hope I can stand Scott that long. HAHA I mean I can't wait for our anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

Sunday was fun, it was good to see everyone--I'm glad we made it down. When can we Ya-Ya again? You can bring Baby Mack.

Gret--I'm pretty sure I DID say something about your hair. I usually do.....you just don't listen.

emily said...

ok...I'm feeling WAY left out. I need to hear the story about the hair and the outfit...and where are the pictures of all of this?!?!

THE BROWN BOYS said...

I should clarify: the bad hair and outfit were from a picture in a photo album. We were looking through pics of gma and gpa Quint's 50th anniversary party that we had 10 years ago - 1997 - out at Montgomery Hall at the fairgrounds. We all looked quite different!