Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sneaking my Computer Time

Just now I came sneaking downstairs while Sam was watching a video to quickly check my email and my favorite blogs. Yes, lately I have to sneak because everytime I come down here, I get bugged by Sam to let him play one of his games on the computer. Apparently he only ever wants to do them when I'm already doing something on the computer. And he is relentless: "Mom, are you done yet? Are you done yet, Mom? Now? Are you done now?..." etc, etc, until I can't stand it anymore. Thinking I'd succeeded in outsmarting my 3 year old lasted only a few minutes before I heard little feet on the stairs. Rats:
Sam: Mom! I'm so appointed (disappointed) in you!
Me: What?!
Sam: Do you know what "appointed" means?
Me: What.
Sam: It means I'm really mad at you.
Me: Why?!
Sam: 'Cause I wanted to do my game!
Me: Not right now, I'm on the computer right now.
(Repeated attempts to get me off the computer by asking if I'm done yet.)
Sam: I never get a chance to play on the computer. (not true.) You are supposed to take turns.
Me: You can have a turn when I'm done.
Sam: The bible says you're supposed to share.
Me: You're right.
Yay for Sam - preschool rules seem to be sticking.
Boo for me - I've got to follow through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That conversation is hilarious! Ecspecially the "appointed" part! How funny is that? You definately have your work cut out for you! He is too smart!

emily said...

stinker!!!