Friday, September 21, 2007

Doll Artist

I was surfing some of my favorite art and design blogs the other day and came across a series of tattooed men art dolls that crack me up. The artist - whose work I've admired before from different magazine articles - is named Mimi Kirchner. She uses toile print fabrics to make the shirtless tattooed look! She gives them embroidered hair, facial features, and even nipples and a bellybutton! If you have time, browse her other dolls too. She makes some very cute swaddled babies that she adds all the applique to. The faces of her dolls are so intriguing to me. I wish I knew how to sew! What do you all think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are cool. I really thought the babies were cute. The tattooed men are great, though. The one with the gazelle on his back was my favorite.

Connie said...

What do I think? I think you should have paid attention when I was trying to teach you to sew!!! I hope that didn't come across harsh.

Connie said...

Yeah, I've seen her dolls somewhere along the way, but never visited her blog. Laura and I were talking about one blog for the 3 of us. She even has the name figured out. We could shoot random stuff out through it - photos of our work, thoughts, a random object though it won't be a peach pie cause no one bakes peach pie in this family.

Anonymous said...

I'm a-thinkin' I need to get me one-a them tatooed fellas of my own.

Anonymous said...

I'm confused about the peach pie..I have made peach crisp, does that count?